In ODA’s mission statement, our first pledge is to protect youth. To that end, the ODA team is working with our school partners to safeguard the health of our scholars and, if necessary, to respond if the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak ever reaches one of our program sites or one of the communities we serve.
Please know that the ODA team is following recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) to protect our scholars and families. These recommendations are everyday preventive actions that help prevent the spread of diseases. These recommendations can be accessed and shared online here.
For now, all ODA programming will continue as scheduled. The ODA team will continue monitoring the situation across the communities we serve, and we will continue communicating with our school partners. If ODA and/or its school partners must cancel or change programming for any reason, we will inform all scholars, families, and partners of those changes as quickly as possible.
ODA Programming Updates
- Announcements from Thursday, March 12
- Friday, March 13, will the be last day of class for students in the Cleveland Heights-University Heights School District until the end of the three-week State-mended break. ODA will not host programming; instead, ODA programming will resume when schools reopen in April.
- The ODA bowling field trip scheduled for Friday, March 20, is cancelled.
- All ODA college tours are cancelled. This decision impacts the tours for March 21 to Eastern Michigan University and the Spring College Trip from March 25 through 28.
- Pursuant to Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine’s emergency declaration, all K-12 schools in Ohio will be closed from the end of day on Monday, March 16, through Friday, April 3. All ODA campuses will be closed during this period of time.
- Announcements from Tuesday, March 10 | Monticello Middle School in the Cleveland Heights-University Heights School District reported the need to deploy a Clorox 360 machine in the auditorium. Cuyahoga County officials stated that there was no need to close the building. The ODA team will run limited programming during the afterschool hours.
If you have questions about ODA programming, please do not hesitate to contact us for updates and other information.
Chief Finance Officer & Chief Operating Officer
Telephone: (216) 229-1900,116