Protect. Inspire. Nurture. Challenge.
WHY SUMMER CAMP?
Summer enrichment is central to what Open Doors Academy is all about. Summer programs are 100% out-of-school time, and out-of-school programming is what we do best.
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Camp Office: TBA
- The summer camp office will open on June 5. Before June 5, this phone may not be answered. You can email our team with any questions or concerns!
How to Register
General registration will open on March 28, 2023. We register via Eventbrite.
CAMP REGISTRATION STEPS
- Eventbrite registration
- State of Ohio paperwork (only for students not currently in ODA)
- Send “free camp” credit to ODA
- Attend orientation
Only after these four steps are complete will families receive confirmation and camp schedule.
Click here to REGISTER on Eventbrite!
Our summer programs are unique, engaging, and eye-opening learning experiences for our scholars. We offer over 50 camp options each summer in partnership with over 15 organizations from across Northeast Ohio.
Core Content Areas
Students are assigned to a track that offers a diverse set of programming in the following focus areas:
- Literacy, Arts & Culture: visual arts, graphic design, dance, cultural arts, music
- STEM/STEAM: engineering, technology, invention, digital media, computer programming
- Sports & Recreation: sports, outdoor camps, fitness
- Health & Wellness: nutrition, culinary instruction, mental health, mindfulness, meditation
- Leadership Development: global social lessons, service learning, character development, entrepreneurship, career training
- College & Career Readiness: workshops that include exposure to specific career tracks
Instruction is tailored to each grade level to be developmentally appropriate. Our elementary school camp offers Core Content Areas 1-4. Our middle school and high school programs offers Core Content Areas 1-6.
Our Summer Programs
Our elementary school program offers exposure to learning experiences in our core content areas. Students follow a block schedule each day that covers at least four core content areas.
Elementary camp is open to current Kindergarteners through current 4th graders.
Each elementary camp group will attend at least one field trip per session. Field trip locations include the Cleveland Zoo, The Museum of Natural History, Fieldstone Farm, Bellwether Farm, and the Nature Center at Shaker Lakes.
Middle School Camp
Our middle school program offer our students a chance to dive deep into one core content area each week. Over the course of each session, middle school students will explore multiple core content areas and deepen their knowledge and skills.
Middle school camp is open to current 5th graders through current 8th graders.
Our middle school programs are held both on-site at Monticello Middle School and at partner organization locations in Cleveland and Cleveland Heights.
High School Internship
Our high school summer programs are open to currently enrolled ODA scholars at high school programs. High school camp that pairs academic support curriculum and college and career readiness training with an internship supporting our elementary summer programs. To apply, students must complete the High School Summer Application and an interview with ODA staff.
Because the high school program is also an internship, students will be paid for the duration of their summer experience.
The High School Summer Application will be published in our employment portal in ADP. The application is closed at this time.
We offer 7 weeks of summer programming. Our camps are open Monday-Thursday.
- Session 1: June 12 – July 6
- Session 2: July 10 – July 27
We will be closed on Monday, June 19 (for Juneteenth), and Tuesday, July 4. Camp is closed on all Fridays.
Camp opens at 8:00 AM at Monticello Middle School. Dismissal at Monticello Middle School occurs at 4:30 PM. Buses load at each bus stop at 8:00 AM. Buses return to bus stops at 5 PM.
All students are served breakfast and lunch daily.
Our summer camp hub is located at Monticello Middle School in Cleveland Heights:
- 3665 Monticello Blvd., Cleveland Heights, Ohio 44121
We also transport scholars by bus to various locations during camp. If you want to pick up your scholar early, please call ahead. Your child may not be located at Monticello Middle School until returning for dismissal. We can arrange early pickup from a field trip locations in an emergency.
Transportation is provided to students from the following schools to our hub location at Monticello Middle School in Cleveland Heights. Families must choose one (1) transportation option for the duration of the summer. Students may be dropped of and pickup up from Monticello Middle School.
Bus stop locations:
- Garrett Morgan High School
- Euclid Middle School
- E Prep Cliffs
- AB Hart School
- Citizens Academy Southeast
More locations TBA.
Camp is FREE with the help of multiple public programs. To apply a credit, families must submit certain documentation. Our team is available to help with any questions about applying these credits to your child’s enrollment at ODA Summer Camp.
List of Services:
- Elementary School Summer Camp: $500/session
- Middle School Summer Camp: $500/session
- High School Summer Camp: $500/session
Credits to cover the cost of services from the following public programs:
- ACE Ohio ($500 credit per child per session)
- ODA Afterschool Scholar and Sibling ($500 credit per child per session)
- Financial Aid (up to $500 credit per child per session)
Attendance is expected regularly during summer programs. Absences must be communicated to ODA staff. Because we do not want to deny the opportunity to attend to any waitlisted scholar, we may remove students from the summer camp roster if they do not attend.
Summer Camp Orientation
Attending orientation is mandatory. ODA staff will host virtual and in-person summer camp orientation sessions to answer any questions from parents and families. Included in our presentation are answers to the following questions:
- Daily schedule
- Expectations at camp
- What to bring to camp
- What NOT to bring to camp
- Medical accommodations
- Early/Late arrivals
- Early/Late pickups
Summer camp orientations will be held at the following times:
- Times to be posted on March 27, 2023