When you volunteer with Open Doors Academy, you bring your talents and expertise to the kids and to the organization. You provide an invaluable gift of your time. When you give time to a young person you let them know they matter and that they are valued.
Open Doors Academy provides a number of volunteer opportunities throughout the year. Below we have listed a few. Our volunteer projects range in frequency from weekly to annually. We also welcome your ideas too. Please feel free to contact us if you have a talent to share!
TOP 5 WAYS TO VOLUNTEER:
- Tutor a Middle School Student-Commit to providing one on one tutoring to a middle school student once a week in the early evenings from4:30-5:30 pm.
- Mentor a High School or College Student– Commit to meeting with a high school or college student twice a month (once on the phone and once in person) to help them develop and navigate goals for their future.
- Become a Teacher for a Day– Share your gifts by teaching a weekly class. We are seeking individuals in the community to help share their talents with our youth. Teach a cooking class or arts class. Have a passion for sports? So do many of our youth! We welcome all talents and gifts that fit our core areas! The opportunities are endless!
- Become a Part of Something Big– Interested in getting more involved in the leadership of the organization? Join one of our board committees (finance, marketing, compliance, development), learn more about the Board of Directors or our Associate Board, and help us build a stronger organization for our scholars.
- Done-in-a-Day Project – Make a huge impact by bringing a group of volunteers for a one-time service event. ODA will customize a Done-in-a-Day project that is mutually beneficial to the availability and interests of your group and our scholars.
Contact – To discuss the many ways you can positively impact the lives of ODA Youth, contact Maggie Brandt at firstname.lastname@example.org.